1. Zone Number and Location (Address) - Zone number designated in foreign-trade zone grant and delivery address. Do not report post office box number for address
2. Zone Admission No. - Show all zone admission numbers affected by activity. For blanket applications, show "Blanket" in this space.
3. Application Date - Show date form was prepared. This will also be considered by Customs to be date the form was signed by the authorized representative of the applicant, unless a date of signature is shown in Item 13.
4. Type of Activity for which permit Requested - Place "X" in appropriate box. Consult with port director when unsure as to which box describes desired activity. More than one box may be marked, if appropriate to described activity.
5. Full Description of the Activity - Show description of activity in sufficient detail to enable Customs and zone operator to ascertain what applicant desires to be done with the merchandise, and to enable them to determine whether they should approve the application,. Consult with port director if unsure as to degree of detail required in description. Show where operation is to be performed, and whether goods in one status will be combined' with goods in another status. Show any new lot numbers or UIN's to be created through the activity.
6. Zone Lot No. or Unique Identifier - Show both initial and new lot numbers or UIN's as noted in sample. For blanket applications, show "Blanket".
7. Marks and Numbers - Show marks and numbers appearing on outside of packages of both initial and resulting goods. If not packed either before or after the activity, show "Unpacked". For blanket applications, show "Blanket".
8. Description of Merchandise - Show description of both initial and resulting merchandise in sufficient detail to enable Customs and zone operator to ascertain which merchandise is covered by the activity.
9. Quantity - Show quantity of goods to be affected by activity, in either metric or U.S. units of quantity. For blanket applications, show estimated quantity to be affected during period of permit.
10. Weights, Measures - Show net weight of goods to be affected by activity, in either metric or U.S. units. For blanket applications show estimate of net weight during period of permit.
11. Zone Status - Zone status of goods to be affected by request. If more than one status represented in a lot, show all statuses so represented. Do not
show "Various", even for blanket applications.
12. Applicant Firm Name - Show name of firm, requesting permit for activity.
13. By (Signature) - Show signature of authorized representative filing application for applicant firm. Show date of signing if different.
14. Title - Title of authorized representative of applicant firm.
15. By (Signature) - Show signature of authorized representative who approves application for zone operator.
16. Title - Show title of authorized representative of zone operator. NOTE: Full completion of Items 17 through 19 below constitute the permit for the applicant to initiate the desired activity. The activity shall not commence unless and until the permit has been both signed and dated.
17. Port Director of Customs: (Signature) - Show signature of authorized representative who approves request for port director.
18. Title - Title of authorized representative of port director.
19. Date - Date of signing to show when application was approved by port director. NOTE: Items 20 through 23 below shall not be completed for blanket applications, since the report must be carried in the operator's inventory and record keeping system under Sec. 14 6 .52 (d) (2) CR.
i. To the Port Director-of Customs - Report of authorized representative of zone operator certifying that permitted activity has been carried out as approved by port director. If Customs provides physical supervision of the activity, the supervising Customs officer will make this report. if there are exceptions, give report in sufficient detail to inform port director what happened. If there are no exceptions, this space need not be filled out.
ii. Customs Officer Signature - Signature of authorized representative of zone operator or of Customs officer making report of activity.
22. Title - Title of authorized representative of zone operator or Customs officer. iii. Date - Date of signature of authorized representative of zone operator or Customs officer. Instructions are the same as those for applications to manufacture or manipulate, as shown in Appendix B.1, except:
Item 4 - Place an "X" or check mark in the block for "Destroy".
Item 5 - The description must show the method of destruction in sufficient detail to enable the port director to determine whether the destruction will be complete, and can be done in a safe and sanitary manner.
Items 20-23 - will be filled out by a Customs officer when destruction is physically supervised by Customs, which is frequently the case.
Instructions for filling out are the same as those shown above, except as noted below:
Item 2 - If multiple lots or UIN's are included in the transferred article, insert "Various";.
Item 5 - Describe the article(s) and the circumstances of the request for its (there) transfer from the zone. Also, show the legal authority for exemption from entry requirements.
Item 6 - Show all lots or UIN's represented in article(s). If too many for space, insert "See Attached Report" and attach the report to the CF 216.
Item 7 - Do not fill out 7.
Items 8-11 - Include all foreign status merchandise represented in articles(s). If too many for space, insert "See Attached Report" and attach report to CF216.
Permit - In the wording of the permit above items 17-19, make the changes as noted in the sample.
Items 20-23 - Should be prepared by carrier or other responsible party which is responsible for removal of articles from zone. Changes in wording should be made as noted in sample.
Instructions for filling out CF216 for temporary removal are the same as those described in above, except as follows:
Item 5 - Describe the operation to be performed during temporary removal in sufficient detail to enable the port director to determine whether it meets the conditions of temporary removal. Also, show the location where the operation will be performed.
Permit - In the permit section above Items 17-19, make the change in wording as noted in the sample.
Item 20 - Make the change in the certification as noted in the sample.